- Actively participate in product feature and design discussions to help shape the future of mobile offerings.
- Builds out features and functionality and adjusts approach as level of precision for each project dictates
- Present solutions to both technical leadership and other software engineering teams.
- Lead code review and enforce coding standards
- Mentor developers in their day to day tasks and build their professional development
- Develop and own the tool chain, processes, best practices, and implementation guidelines for mobile development process
- Design frontend/backend landscape ensuring cross-platform compatibility and performance
- Lead work such as the establishment of a central library of reusable components for applications; implementation of SW lifecycle management, continuous integration tools
- Ensure the delivery of sustainable solutions that support the organization’s long term goals while delivering maximum incremental short-term gains.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or other technical related field, or equivalent practical experience.
Must have Technical Skills:
- Strong knowledge in Java and/or Kotlin and how to deal with different screen sizes.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to backend services.
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, interface guidelines, design patterns, and best practices.
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning.
- Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as “touch”.
- Familiarity with the use of additional sensors, such as gyroscopes and accelerometers.
- Familiarity with integration of IoT solutions (e.g., Bluetooth or NFC technology) into Android platforms.
- Experience in one other complimenting technology stack e.g., iOS, Backend, Web UI or Test Automation frameworks.
- Comfortable working with agile/collaboration tools (Jira, Confluence, GitLab).
Must Have Soft Skills:
- Good proficiency in the English language and openness to travel internationally.
- Comfortable “working virtually” with teammates and customers around the world.
- Ability to embrace and learn new technologies.
Java (Programming Language)
About DevelabLearn More
Technology Partner with Software Engineering Capabilities in mobile & web application development to complete software packages