- Site Assessment: Conduct site surveys to assess the environment and identify the best locations for IoT sensors, devices, and gateways. Ensure that the installation site has adequate power, internet connectivity, and any necessary infrastructure.
- Device Installation: Physically install IoT sensors, devices, and gateways in the designated locations. This may involve mounting hardware, connecting cables, and securing devices to ensure they function properly.
- Network Configuration: Set up and configure the IoT network infrastructure, including routers, switches, and access points. Ensure secure and reliable connectivity for IoT devices.
- Sensor Deployment: Deploy various types of sensors (e.g., temperature, humidity, motion, pressure) and connect them to the IoT network. Configure sensor parameters and ensure they are accurately collecting data.
- Device Activation: Activate IoT devices, ensuring they are connected to the network and able to transmit data to the central platform or cloud.
- Data Transmission and Integration: Ensure that data from IoT devices is transmitted to the central IoT platform or cloud service. Configure data integration and data storage solutions.
- Gateway Configuration: Configure IoT gateways to aggregate data from multiple sensors and devices before transmitting it to the central system. Ensure the gateways are properly connected and operational.
- Security Implementation: Implement security measures to protect IoT devices, networks, and data from potential threats. This includes setting up firewalls, encryption, and access control.
- Power Management: Address power requirements for IoT devices, which may include battery replacement or management of power sources, especially for remote or sensor-based IoT installations.
- Quality Assurance: Perform testing and validation to ensure the accuracy and reliability of data collected by IoT devices and systems. Troubleshoot and resolve any issues that may arise.
- Documentation: Maintain detailed records of the installation process, including device configurations, network settings, and any issues encountered. Provide documentation to clients or colleagues.
- Client Interaction: Communicate with clients or end-users to explain the installation process, address concerns, and provide training on IoT device operation when necessary.
- Maintenance and Support: Provide ongoing maintenance, updates, and technical support for IoT installations to ensure they continue to function optimally.
- A bachelor's degree in a relevant field. This field could include electrical engineering, computer science, information technology, or a related discipline.
- Proficiency in networking concepts, including IP addressing, routing, and protocols.
- Familiarity with IoT technologies, protocols, and standards, such as MQTT, CoAP, or HTTP.
- Knowledge of sensors, actuators, and IoT hardware components.
- Understanding of data integration and cloud services.
Programming and Software Skills:
- Proficiency in programming languages often used in IoT development, such as Python, C/C++, or Java.
- Knowledge of IoT platforms, cloud services, and related software tools.
- Strong technical and hands-on skills for device installation, configuration, and troubleshooting.
- Basic electrical and electronics knowledge for working with sensors and devices.
Supply chain apps that help company digitize and analyze his entire supply chain by combining electronic invoicing, Internet of things, and sustainability analytics. Using our platform company could track and calculate their Scope 3 Carbon Emission in collaboration with their entire vendors and customers using primary and verifiable data. Our vision is to establish an inclusive zero carbon economy that work.