We are looking for an experienced Backend Engineer to join our growing Tech Team in Jakarta.
- Design, develop, and maintain robust backend systems
- Manage and optimize databases for data integrity and accessibility.
- Create, maintain, and enhance APIs for seamless communication with frontend applications.
- Implement security measures to protect construction data.
- Conduct testing and debugging to resolve issues.
- Document backend systems and processes.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Proven experience as a Backend Engineer with a minimum of 2 years experience.
- Knowledge in construction or infrastructure-related processes/challenges is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of database management systems (e.g., SQL, NoSQL).
- Experience with API development and integration.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Strong communication and documentation skills.
- Ability to adapt in a fast-paced environment with strong commitment for learning.
Let’s be honest: When you read “construction” or “cement” or “building materials”, your first thoughts might be “dusty, slow, uninspiring”.
Nothing could be further from the truth. We pride ourselves on being among the fastest companies in the world with the best business sense. You might not believe this right away – we usually don’t talk a lot about ourselves.
What’s true: we don’t build autonomous cars. We don’t build landing rockets. We don’t build blockchains and ICO them.
But what we do is we disrupt one of the last undisrupted industries: Construction. Construction is one of 3 industries responsible for 88% of all inflation since the year 2000. It is one of the most inefficient industries in the world. It is just beginning its digital journey.
That means: it is one of the last Eldorados to build exponential new businesses.
Our ambition is to fundamentally change how construction works, starting from building materials. We are serious about this – no PR nonsense, no pseudo-disruption, no-Entrepreneur wannabe that pretends to do innovation. We disrupt construction with force and pure financial motivation. And: we are among the world’s most entrepreneurial companies (yes, we are!). That puts us in the best position to completely transform the construction industry. In just a few years, we want to be South East Asia’s most reputed corporate in disruptive business models in the fields of construction.